This is my first ever electronic toothbrush. I was quite hesitant and concerned about my level of adaptability in switching from manual to electronic. I can now say that I have been using my ISSA 2 since June 2018. That's a full 5 months of testing and trialling, I am finally ready and comfortable to give my verdict!
ABOUT ISSA 2
- Waterproof design with sonic pulses (with adjustable speed)
- The brush head is made from PBT Polymer and soft silicone
- Tongue cleanser on the flip of the head
- Rechargable via USB
- 365 day charge
- Available inn 4 colours (pink, blue, black and mint)
- Waterproof - This toothbrush is 100% waterproof I have not had any water leakage issues. I use this at the sink and I'd take it into the shower to brush my teeth sometimes.
- Pulses - The pulses are quite gentle. It took me a week or so to become adjusted to it as I have been using a manual brush all my life. The brushing using ISSA 2 is not harsh.
- Silicone - Before I started using my ISSA 2 I read a fair amount of reviews, a lot of people claimed that the silicone bristles fell off within a couple of weeks. This did not happen to me at all. I brush my teeth using a pretty heavy hand and I have not had a single silicone fall off. Unless you are biting the silicone or chewing on it... I can't see it falling off.
- Tongue Cleanser - I found this to be ok, prior to this toothbrush I would brush my tongue with the manual tooth brush so this didn't feel "enough" for me. I personally prefer smaller silicones rather than the grooves. Which is fine! Because I can just brush my teeth with the ISSA 2 brush head.
- Charging - I have only ever charged my ISSA 2 once when I first received the product, I use my toothbrush twice a day for about 2 mins per brush. I also brush my night guard in the evening. I LOVE that it's chargable via a USB cord, this is a big thing for me. I tend to stop using battery operated electronic devices.
- Hygienic - I feel that silicone bristles makes this brush hygienic and very very easy to clean.
- Brush Head- . It is recommended to change your ISSA 2 brush head every 6 months or so, they can be replaced for $27.90. It's probably time for me to change my brush head!
- Recommendations - I have two recommendations, one is to ensure you spread your toothpaste across your teeth and allow it to foam. If I don't do this, I often find a small chunk of my toothpaste to have fallen to the back of my lower front row of teeth. It's been an easy fix but just letting you guys know. The other thing is to store it on a dry surface. I was putting it in a cup that is often wet, this made the bottom of the toothbrush a bit gross. BUT since it's silicone it was sooooo easy to clean.
Foreo ISSA 2 is an investment but there are always sales going on so grab one while it's on sale, this is a long term investment.
PR sample featured