Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Month in Food - July 2013

I haven't logged onto blogspot for a while because I started my 7 week work placement for uni! They put me in WHS/OH&S/Workers Compensation this time. It has been really enjoyable so far, I'm just not used to the 5:30am rise in the morning!

Before I start my food post, I received my BEAUTIFUL India ICON prize pack from Jac! I can't wait to dig into them after I finish my crappy coles shampoos. Click to check out Jac's blog ^_^

Thank you Jac!




OK.. SO ....I've seen a lot of "my week in pictures" posts. Other than eating, I honestly don't do much during the week... or the fortnight. So I decided to do a continuation of each month in food ^_^

Spicy Sichuan Restaurant




Spicy Sichuan Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Lindt Cafe



Shared platter - a dish full of deliciousness.


  • Macarons - pistachio and chocolate 
  • Chocolate sauce
  • Strawberry
  • Strawberry and chocolate centered chocolates
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
  • Waffles 
  • Fresh Cream
  • Brownies

Lindt Chocolat Café on Urbanspoon


Dae Jang Kum


This place is on my list of reliable restaurants. I love how Korean restaurants provide their diners with free side dishes! We ordered the beef stir fry and seafood pancake + 2 bowls of rice.. the rest were
complimentary. Great huh?

Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant on Urbanspoon


ZenQ 



ZenQ Desserts on Urbanspoon


Twisted Noodle Bar



Yunnan Noodle $11.80: Pork, egg, beef, mushroom, bean sprouts, chives and tofu in pork soup
Side Dish: Chicken wing and sausage

Generous serving, I started to bloat after my meal. I asked for minimal chili and vinegar, my mouth burned regardless. I didn't feel there was too much flavour though. I prefer ramen.



Da-Liang noodles in fish soup $11.80: Mixed mushrooms and steamed vegies. Side dish: deep fried salmon

I'm not sure where the mushroom went... but the fish soup was much more tasty - no fishy after taste.

The service wasn't too pleasant, every there appears as if they REALLY HATE THEIR JOB!

Twisted Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon


MissChu's Tuckshop

My partner decided he wanted to come back here for his birthday, so we did!!

As always, you mark your order on their paper menu and pay at the "tuckshop"




That's everything we got! I didn't take a photo of my drink, but it's was an Organic Chai Latte $4 - not bad, but it wasn't hot.... my latte was LUKEWARM! Shame on you latte maker!!!


Prawn and crab net spring rolls 4 per serve, gluten free $6

I couldn't really taste the crab or maybe i was too hungry and gobbled the whole thing down. I would definitely order this again. A bit pricey for 4 small pieces.






Caramelised free range pork belly strew $16

With asian greens and aromatic rice - I thought it was quinoa but I could be wrong. This was delicious, the pork belly was tender and well marinated. Balanced well with the "rice" and greens. VERY generous servings of pork belly... I started feeling sick towards the end. As much as I loved it, I don't think I'd order this to eat alone again- pork belly overdose!



Wild rice and quinoa with vegan sauteed shitake, enoki and shimeji mushrooms $13

My partner really enjoyed this, I liked the variety of mushrooms and fried onions... but it was a little too gingery for me. I'm not a ginger girl!






Cucumber and Lychee Crushie - $7.50

Very very refreshing, you gotta make sure you like cucumber in a drink, it took me a while to get used to.


Sticky date and custard pudding - approx $4?

I;m not a fan of MissChu's desserts... my hutch is that they buy bulk of the stuff from a grocery store and sell it individually for a jacked up price. It tasted like something that was out of the packet... that's been stored in a fridge for a while. Same thing happened when we got the sago as time.

Misschu CBD Tuckshop on Urbanspoon


Cupcakes on Pitt


After dinner, I decided to keep spoiling him with some cupcakes.

Top to bottom (left) : Chocolate Sundae and Tiramisu
Top to Bottom (middle) : Orange jaffa and peanut butter
Top to bottom (right): Cherry Ripe and Lemon Meringue

They were ALL delicious. Favourites were peanut butter and lemon meringue.

Cupcakes on Pitt on Urbanspoon


The Muglan


Mango Lassi

Nomomnom


Complimentary pappadum with mint sauce

Top grade pappadum and loved the sauce


Garlic Naan



 Saag Ra Aloo Tarkari $12.50

Potatoes cooked with spinach. Finished with nutmeg and cream.
I couldn't taste the nutmeg or cream, it was fairly gingery. Great flavours though, this one wasn't too spicy ^_^


Prawn Korma (mild) $19.90 

Cooked in cashew nut and coconut sauce, it was a bit spicy for me but the prawn was tender and the sauce was velvety.

Service was lovely... HOWEVER.... I found a cockroach walking across my side of the table!!!!! The waitress came and captured it WITH HER HAND.... in a single grab! I get concerned about the cleanliness of the kitchen when I see a cockroach roaming around the dinner table on the second storey.

The Muglan on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. You have the most delicious food blogs, I really need to come out with you one night so you can take me to all the really good restaurants lol.....

    I'm glad you liked your ICON Pack.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the Lindt Cafe voucher too !

    Yeah, I find some food at Miss Chu on the expensive size for the servings, but they do have lots of tasty foods. The cucumber as a drink is .. kind of different, but hey , trying new foods is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE NAAN! Haha, and you seem to love asian food! Also, I want to ask, what are those green and yellow cubes in the ZenQ dessert? Are they tapioca balls?

    Also, check out my SharethEloVe if you havent, you're featured for this month ^^
    <3 Celly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet, you already responded there which I did not notice haha, because Disqus doesn't notify me =(

      Well, if I am going to Australia, I will want you to be my food guide bwahaha!

      Delete
  4. OMG... why did I click on this! I am now soooo hungry! Look at those yummies from the Lidnt Cafe!! And the cupcakes.. and what is that ZenQ stuff? Nothing I make for dinner tonight will even come close to satisfying my now watering mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loveee indian food so much, this post made me so hungry ! your very adventurous when it comes to food i respect that !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts