Review: Shiseido - The Makeup - Stick Foundation SPF 15 ~ O20 & O40
"A creamy stick foundation that glides on effortlessly providing versatile coverage and a comfortable long-lasting lustrous finish while offering exceptional skincare benefits."
Shade: O20 and O40 (one for winter and one for summer!)
RRP: $67 AUD
|Shade: O40 Shade: O20|
O in the shade represents Ochre; ideal for olive undertones. As the numbers goes up, the shade becomes darker (i.e., 00, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100). If you are unsure of your shade, head to a Shiseido counter, the consultants are all trained to provide exceptional service. Even after leaving the company for a couple of years, I would still repurchase their products. I also plan to try their Maquillage range! ^_^
I like to draw horizontal lines (as shown below) with my foundation stick across my cheeks, chin and forehead. Vertical for the space between my eyes and nose.
If I'm using this at home, I'd blend it with a flat top brush. Otherwise fingers will suffice.
- The creamy texture is great for dry and sensitive skin
- Easy application - can be used "on the go"
- SPF 15
- Sleek packaging, easy to store in handbags
- Initially light coverage, but you can layer to build up coverage. Although, I would recommend this product for "good-skin-days"
- Covers redness
- No off-putting chemical scent
- Dermatologically tested
- You'll receive a little over half a pinky's length of product. I find myself to use up stick foundations faster than liquid.
- It will not cover your freckles or heavy blemishes
- $67 is a fair bit to pay for a foundation, but I'm happy to pay for quality products.
Have you tried this product? Which type of foundation do you prefer - liquid, stick, powder?