Review: Rimmel Mascara - Idol Eyes by Kate Moss
Rimmel rolled out the first ever mascara made by global supermodel Kate Moss. I've thoroughly enjoyed Kate Moss' previous lipstick collection so I was excited to try her mascara!
- Broken heart shaped brush designed to reach lashes of all sizes
- Carbon black formula, providing dramatic volume and intense lash effect
- No clumps
- Volumise with one stroke
Shade: 004 Eye Rock Jet Black
Price: $16.95 AUD
Ingredients (Thanks to Priceline.com.au)
AQUA/WATER/EAU, SYNTHETIC WAX, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PARAFFIN, PVP, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/ CIRE DE CARNAUBA, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D’ABEILLE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, POLYESTER-5, STEARIC ACID, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TALC, GLYCERETH-18 ETHYLHEXANOATE, GLYCERETH-18, PEG-26- PPG-30 PHOSPHATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM (COTTON) POWDER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROLYZED WOOL, SERICA POWDER/ SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, RETINYL PALMITATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/CARBAMATE COPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED OLIVE OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, ETHYLENE/ METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, COLLAGEN, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, COLLOIDAL GOLD, SACCHAROMYCES/ PLATINUM FERMENT, SACCHAROMYCES/SILVER FERMENT, CERAMIDE 2, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, SODIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHEROL, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, PHALAENOPSIS LOBBI EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA LEAF EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORPHENESIN, SORBIC ACID, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C BLACK NO. 2 (CI 77266)].
Mascara on top lashes
10 mins later, mascara applied on bottom lashes
- I quite liked the broken heart shaped brush much better than the usual gigantic brushes from drug store brands. The brush was able to reach all lashes, big and small.
- The formula will eventually smudge if you have watery eyes, it is not waterproof. However, you can easily remove the mascara by rinsing under warm water.
- Unfortunately, the formula is not quite designed for straight lashes, the mascara weighed my lashes down and my cur was immediately eliminated after application. Miraculously, a fraction of the curl re-appeared after 10 mins.
- No clumps, however I can see how this formula may clump after 2-3 months of use. At the moment, I'm able to brush out any wet clumps with no issues.
- This mascara is quite similar when compared to Rimmel's Wonderfull Mascara. Not a bad mascara to keep in your stash for everyday use.
Disclosure: This product was provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own.