Where did all the time go? The first quarter of 2016 just swiftly slipped by, I swear time goes faster with age. The one dominant fear I have in life is the result of ageing, when I was 16 I thought youthfulness ends at 30. Oh how wrong I am, I'm not 30 yet but at mid 20s, I recently got asked if I was a med student while completing series of physical exmination for a bunch of blokes. At the time, I wasn't sure whether I was offended or happy.
Regardless, makeup will keep me forever youthful! I could barely contain my excitement when I first heard the launch of Magnif'eyes. I have never owned an eyeshadow stick/crayon, nor have I ever tried Kajal eyeliner. The fact that it's duo ended made me even more excited. I can now carry one product instead of two.
- Used to highlight, sculpt and accentuate
- Rich and highly pigmented
- Dual tipped pen features a shadow at one end and a 24hr Kohl Kajal liner at the other
- Can be used on both lash and waterline
- Creaseproof, transferproof and waterproof, your eye looks will stay put and look fresh all day
- Comes in four strong shade combos in matte, shimmer and pearl finishes
- #001 Back of Blacks with a black matte liner and a high pearl with glitter gun metal grey shadow stick
- #002 Kissed by a Rose Gold with a brown low pearl liner and a rosehold medium pearl shadow stick
- #003 Queens of the Bronzed Age with a high pearl with glitter gold liner and a bronze medium pearl shadow stick (Reviewed in this post)
- #004 Dark Side of Blue with a matte cobalt blue liner annd a low pearl dark grey shadow stick (Reviewed in this post)
Price: $16.95 from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Kmart Big W, selected pharmacies and selected Coles/Woolies.
|Top Two: Dark Side of Blue || Bottom Two: Queens of Bronzed Age|
- I have been using this product for the past 3 weeks, on and off, in between other products in order to reach a verdict. There are both cons and pros, let's start.
- Shadow Stick: The shadow stays on for longer than most of my eye shadows as my lids are quite oily, everything will crease. With 1 coat, it will last a typical 8 hour work day with some minor creases however it was unable to last an 8 hour work day plus an after work event/party (see progress photos below). With 2 coats, it will last a working day with plus a few drinks, colour fading and creasing became more visible at 12 hours.
- This eye shadow is smooth and really easy to apply, however, you need to be quick with your bending. Within a few seconds, the formula proves to be difficult to blend. I love the pigmented nature and shimmer to my shadow sticks. Personally, I find the bronze colour to be more wearable than the grey/black.
- Kajal Liner: This liner is briliant, where has it been all my life!? It has a highly pigmented, creamy texture that glides on easily. This liner is heavy duty and lasted 16 hours on my lids. I loved both beige and blue, although due to my hooded lids, the blue liner did slightly transfer to my lids and stained my lashes. Beige on the other hand didn't go anywhere. I love these so so so so much!
- Tribute: I LOVE that the liners are derived from Bands and Albums (if they are not, then it's just a beautiful coincidence). As a teen, I was a huge Pink Floyd fan and Dark Side of the Moon was such an iconic album!
|Queen of Bronzed Age: ONE COAT of shadow + Liner - after 12 hours|
|Queen of Bronzed Age: TWO COATS of shadow - After 8 hours|
|Dark Side of Blue: TWO COATS - After 12 hours|
I had so much fun with Magnif'eyes and created some simple EOTDs.
|Queen of Bronzed Age|
|Dark Side of Blue|
|Dark Side of Blue (Liner only)|
I have a soft spot for shadow stick and anything that's crayon looking. Overall, I feel the that pros out-weighs the cons and thus, I do reccommend Magnif'eyes. It's fun, quite long lasting, versatile and easy to use. I hope you enjoyed this review!