A pinch and a punch for the first day of the month!
I recently got back from my holiday (a post will be up soon-ish!) and I am absolutely exhausted, 2am flight back to Australia in extremely uncomfortable plane seats was a bad idea. I barely got any sleep. Even though I've slept for many hours today, I still feel extremely fatigued and weak. Good thing I pre-wrote most of this post (that's not cheating is it?) and edited a few dot points in my verdict as I took the sculpting powder to Singapore with me.
Alrighty, lets have a look!
ABOUT KATE SCULPTING AND HIGHLIGHTING KIT IN CORAL GLOW
- Powder blush for colour and definition.
- Shimmery powder to contour the sides of the nose, jaw line and hairline.
- Soft shimmer powder to highlight the cheek bone, browbone, forehead, center of the chin and bridge of the nose.
- Currently only available in 1 shade which is Coral Glow, but I am aware that there is a palette for those with darker skin tones.
- I have a love hate relationship with this product. I have light to medium skin tone and it doesn't really show up on my arm (as you can see in the pic above).
- This product does show up on my face, when applied with a brush. It gives me a very gentle contour/bronzy glow. The highlighter is very subtle also. Being a minimialist, I actually quite like the result on my face. I did try to build up the contour and the result was not pleasant! You can really notice the shimmer and my face ended up looking rather muddy.
- There seems to be quite a substantial amount of fall outs when I swerved my brush around the pan to pick up products initially, once I used up the top layer of the kit, the fall out was minimal.
- The bronzer lasts all day while the blush disappeared half way through the day.
- I recommend this product for those with pale to light skin tone, you won't get much of a colour pay off if you have medium to dark skin.
- Keep your eyes peeled! I have actually seen this palette with darker and more pigmented shades designed for medium/dark skin online. Let's hope it will be released here in Australia!
ABOUT #INSTAFLAWLESS SKIN TINT
- Natural looking glow
- 24 hour moisturisation
- Primes and perfects
- Available in 2 shades Light/Medium and Medium/Dark
- Silly me initially thought this product was a tinted moisturiser/BB cream type base. I thought to my self, geez, it's not giving me a whole lot of coverage. I can still see some of my freckles. Later on, I found out it's a primer and my perception shifted significantly.
- During "good skin days" I often wear this product on it's own as it will cover most of my smaller blemishes and minimise the size of my pores pretty well. I feel comfortable going into the outside world with #instaflawless on. I don't know if you can tell from the before/after pics above, but my skin looks smoother after application.
- Recently I decided to use this product as a tinted moisturiser, I personally feel that it's too much under my foundation yet works better than most of my BB creams and tinted moisturisers!! When used independently, the product is not heavy or tacky. It's actually very moisturising and smooth.
- I used 1 coat of #instaflawless for my 3 hour wait and the airport + 8 hour flight, the product stayed put all day and kept my face looking flawless and hydrated. The only con is that it doesn't sit around the corners of my nose too well and I need to really blend it repeatedly. Other than that, I highly recommend #Instaflawless
*These products were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.