Sunday, May 22, 2016

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara and Precise Liner Review + Swatches


Ahh Sunday night we meet again. We have had a massive weekend of food.... from degustation to tasting some of the finest patisseries at the Savour's Patissier of the Year. I am ridiculously bloated and will only eat veggies, fruits and liquids for the rest of the week (hopefully I will stick to my plan).

I was actually a paragraph away from finishing off this post until I some how managed to delete the entire post, pictures and all.. the control+z button doesn't seem to work too well on Blogspot *sigh*... so here we go again!


RIMMEL VOLUME COLOURIST MASCARA


  • Tapered brush that will wrap around every lash with blacker than black pigments
  • Making lashes fuller and longer
  • Through overtime use, this mascara will tint your lashes with natural colorant
  • Gradually darkens the colour of your bare lashes within 2 weeks onwards of continuous usage
  • Non permanent tint will wear off gradually after the last usage
  • This mascara is easy to remove with regular makeup remover

Price: $18.95

MY VERDICT

  • I quite liked the brush, it's small(ish) which was great for my lower lashes and corner lashes which are difficult to reach. Unfortunately, I found the formula to be quite dry - I'm not sure if I got a dud mascara.. did anyone else experience this?
  • This mascara did add volume to my lashes, but the formula made my lashes look relatively thick and clumpy. A little bit of lift and length was noticed.
  • After a couple of hours of wear I noticed some smudges from my lower lashes. It's not a huge amount of smudge, but it is noticeable (in person anyway!)
  • My lashes are jet black already, so I can't tell you whether the tinting formulation is effective or not!! Overall, I don't feel that this mascara is very suitable for me! 


RIMMEL PRECISE LINERS


  • Soft, tapered, felt tip applicator that delivers control and precision
  • Easy to use calligraphy styled format enables super thin to thick lines
  • Wears up to 24 hours, smudge proof and sweat proof.
  • 3 shades of rich and highly pigmented colours: Black #001, Blue #002, White #003
Price: $13.95

MY VERDICT

  • I can't express how much I love these, the colours are as stated, intensely rich and pigmented. The liners are fairly easy to apply with small strokes, and yes, it will last ALL DAY with no smudges and no transfers. I am absolutely amazed by the formula.
  • Oh and the colours won't fade either, after a long working day, the colours will remain as intense as when you first applied it.
  • The liners can be easily removed under lukewarm water with cream cleansers or makeup remover.
  • The only issue I had with this liner was the tip, I found the tip to dry up a little with increased use. I'm not sure why but the formula can't seem to reach the tip quickly, the tip also started to bend a little, I'm concerned that it might fluff up. I guess I just need to be more gentle!
  • I cannot stop talking about the formula, it is amazing, I hope Rimmel will use this formula for all their liquid liners!!



PROGRESS PHOTOS

Blue Rimmel Precise liner with purple shadow along lower lashline

Rimmel Precise Liner with Colourist Mascara

7 hours later, mascara smudges noticed


*These products were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Loving your honest review. I decided to request these after all and can't wait to have a play. The blue liner looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are the liners?! I LOVE them! Yet to try out the mascara but love that it tints! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue on you. These eyeliners look exactly the same as Kat Von D liners but obviously 1/3 of the price. Definitely better value.

    www.BeautyReign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely getting the blue liner hon - I so need something that will last all day and not travel down my cheeks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue liner is a fun pop of color for this winter! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always looking for mascara that doesn't smudge under my eyes, too many drug store brands do that :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue eyeliner on you. It wore really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue liner looks stunning on you. It's such a great pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts