Sunday, May 28, 2017

Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa Epilator Beauty Set and Facial Brushes



My hair removal limits down to shaving and IPL hair removal (which is too time consuming and costly for my legs). If I were to wear a dress every day I would have to shave my legs approximately twice per week. It grows so quickly!

I have been awfully lazy lately, it takes me a long time to double cleanse, brush my teeth, wash my body, shampoo and condition my hair in the shower so the last thing I want to do is to spend more time to shave my legs.

For the past few weeks I have been testing Braun's Silk-Epil 9 SkinSpa Epilator, read below to see how I went with it!



THE EPILATOR

When I received this kit, it was the first time I have ever tried an epilator. After reading through the instructions, I thought "Ouch" this sounds painful.

I started off epilating my legs, the hairs on my legs were quite long as I have not shaved for some time. The epilator pulls out individual hair, I did half my leg fairly quickly and had to take a break. YES, it was painful, although after about 5 minutes of on and off epilating, the pain subsided.

Little red bumps were visible after I had epilated my entire leg, however the bumps eased after an hour or two. As a result, I would recommend users to epilate in the evening!

Since the first session, I would then epilate my legs for a minute or 2 every 3-4 days to take out all new hairs. This product is incredible, I would spend under 2 minutes epilating my legs every odd day and my legs feels smooth as ever. To be honest, I don't think I will go back to shaving unless I really have to because I find shaving in the shower a real chore as opposed to epilating whilst drinking tea/watching tv.

The epilator is also easy to clean with the little brush that is included in the kit.

EPILATING THE FACE

I used the designated cap to epilate facial areas, I have been epilating my upper lips (hair grows quickly there!) and found it to be a little bit difficult with the cap, some of the hair closer to my lips or around the edge of my lips were difficult to remove.

I did not experience any red bumps or any sensitivity.

EASY TO CHARGE

I am SO happy that this is epilator is chargeable via a power point included in the package. I really dislike batteries.

EXOLIATION AND DEEP MASSAGE

I have never used an exfoliation or a massage brush on my body before. This is a real luxury. The brush and massage are attachable once the epilator head is removed.

The massage brush is a fantastic method to exfoliate your body in the shower, while I find the massage brush to be best used after you have applied body lotion/cream to increase circulation.


THE FACIAL BRUSH

This facial brush is sort of like an "add-on" in the set. It contains a normal brush, sensitive brush and exfoliation brush. The brush is battery operated, unfortunately this is not something I prefer.

I found the normal brush and exfoliation brush to feel a little bit harsh on my skin and prefer the pink sensitive brush.

Although I am not too fussed on this brush, it is an 'add-on', so really, it's bit of bonus if you are looking to purchase an epilator anyway!

The product featured in this post were provided for editorial purposes

16 comments:

  1. What a nice looking epilator, what nice add-on bonuses, too xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting to hear your thoughts! I have been enjoying mine too, I'm just such a wuss haha I haven't been game enough to use it on my face....

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for a London courier service? If yes so you are at the right place. Speedy sprint courier service makes finding the right Online Courier service for you easy. As the Best Speedy Sprint Courier across London. We offer a wide range of parcel collection with Same Day Pickup and Same Day Delivery services, including expedited and premium options to ensure maximum flexibility for our customers. Speedy Sprint has to be done as fast and headache-free as feasible so let’s goodbye to search Speedy sprint courier near me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some of the great source of content with such detailing. Apart from that if you ever visit Dubai do consult the best property portal Zoom property

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    If you are looking for real estate assistance SalaarEstate are providing specialized services like a consultancy to help you in making a deal for buying a property in DHA Phase 1, DHA Phase 2 & 5 and DHA Valley. Our Estate agency has an expert team. The team has the utmost capability to cope up with the challenges of real estate with professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shipment tracking software is becoming increasingly important. Good shipment tracking technology allows businesses to be more productive, accountable, and profitable by leveraging cloud services and bar code technology to track shipments and parcels throughout their journey, from the factory to the warehouse to the buyer’s doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KS provides fastest way of sending your items and documents from Dubai to Pakistan in very short time so if you are looking to deliver you items urgently then we are here to help you out to solve your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are the signs of infertility in females?
    In women, signs of infertility may include:
    Pain during sex.
    Heavy, long, or painful periods.
    Dark or pale menstrual blood.
    Irregular menstrual cycle.
    Hormone changes.
    Underlying medical conditions.
    Obesity.
    Not getting pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The epilator seems to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article really contains a lot more information about This Topic. We have read all the information some points are also good and some usually are awesome. Also, check how to sign a sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  11. This website has fantastic content. It appeals to me. Thank you for providing this information.
    mobiles on installments in Lahore
    Installment Mobile in Lahore Islamabad Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently had my first IVF Success Stories, and it was a great experience. I was fortunate enough to have a very supportive partner and doctor who encouraged me to do everything I could to get pregnant, including getting tested for any genetic conditions that might affect the health of our child. Our doctor also provided us with lots of information about how IVF works and what we could expect during the process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting post to read. Thanks and Keep up the good work.
    Best Homeopathic Doctor in Lahore, Karachi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts