Grampians Olive Co is Australia's premium organic extra virgin olive oil company, family owned and based in Victoria. I have loved and praised them in my previous recipe post. After a couple of weeks in Eastern Europe my appreciation for top notch olives, cheese and olive oil grew and was eventually instilled as an everyday staple. We had a bottle of regular olive oil waiting for us upon our return to Sydney and all we wanted was quality extra virgin olive oil. We were told in Eastern Europe that most restaurants will only have extra virgin olive oil (the highest grade and best tasting olive oil) served at the table, lower grade refined olive oil and virgin olive oil are then exported out to other countries. So we should feel very proud and lucky to have high quality extra virgin olive oil at our door step.
In the Sampler Gift Set ($22) you will have the opportunity to trial Grampians Olive Co entire range, including 8 organic oils (Signature Organic, Delicate Organic, Garlic Infused, Truffle Infused, Chili Infused, Tuscan Herbs Infused, Blood Orange, Lemon Pressed and 2 finishing vinegars (Roasted Capsicum and Caramelised Balsamic); comes completed in 10 x adorable 25ml bottles.
Not sure about you but I find it exceptionally difficult to buy my dad Father's Day gifts... for the past few years it's been scratchies and lotto tickets. I popped over to my folk's place recently and found out they've been using vegetable oil to cook (hmmm..) and to mix in a dressing (WHAT!!!). I whispered to mum, "Extra virgin olive oil this year, there's an Australian brand 'Grampians Olive Co' from Victoria". Mum's eyes lit up!
I promise you, any meal can be gourmet with high quality extra virgin olive oil. Sharing another one of my super delicious vegetarian recipe below using Grampians Olive Co.
What you need:
- Grampians Olive Co Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grampians Olive Co Truffle Oil Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bag of green beans
- 1 cob of corn
- A handful of roasted cashews
- Garlic Salt and Pepper
- A pinch of chili flakes
Let's get cooking!
1. Wash your beans and nip the head and tail of the beans, if the bean is too long, snap them in half.
2. Pour a splash of Grampians Olive Co Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil into a pan on medium heat and let the pan warm up for a couple of minutes.
3. Add your green beans into the pan, warning - it will sizzle!!! You can lift the pan off the fire for a little. Keep tossing the beans around for a few minutes.
4. Add garlic salt, pepper and a pinch of chili flakes, keep tossing the beans and put a lid on the pan to let the green beans cook and char on low heat.
5. While the beans are cooking, put your corn cob in the microwave for 3 minutes (my lazy way!) and cut the corn off the cob with a serrated knife (careful, the cob will be hot, let it rest for a bit before cutting).
6. Add the corn and cashews into the beans, turn the burner off and lightly toss with a cooking utensil.
7. Drizzle Grampians Olive Co Truffle Infused Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your fancy and enjoy! Serve with a bed of rice of eat it as a side.