Monday, July 13, 2020

WORTH THE HYPE? EM COSMETICS SWATCHED AND REVIEWED



EM COSMETICS FADED CLEMENTINE $34USD


I had my eyes on this for the longest time, initially, it was the only thing I wanted. The application and swatches looked amazing on Instagram and youtube. Oh I watched a LOT of youtube - I was a real sleuth. I was lacking a stunning peachy blush in my collection and was keen on this. I was concerned that this blush would end up acting as a highlighter as a few reviewers said the colour did not show up. I really didn't need another highlighter....

My first impression was "Wow, Michelle even used good quality hard cardboard.. not the cheap stuff". The compact itself is chunky but flattering. A decent mirror that is indented in the contact lid. The blush is baked, next to Magic Hour - it looked lighter. It looked like a highlighter. I felt my heart drop when I witnessed this. It was a recrudescence of disappointment - seems to happen every time I purchase products.

I took a fluffy blush and gave it a whirl and swished it onto my cheeks. WOW I was in awe.
It turned my frown upside down. I was flabbergasted by the warm peachy tones on my cheeks. It was just STUNNING. I was instantly head over heels, faded clementine turned into my favourite blush within seconds.

I was legitimately concerned about the shimmering effects accentuating my pores - it's a popular occurrence. Alas - it did not! Faded clementine stood the test of time, after 6 hours it sat tightly on my cheeks.


My skin tone is somewhere between a MAC NC25-NC30.




HEAVEN'S GLOW | MAGIC HOUR $34USD

Described as a warm peachy pink with a soft gold pearl.
I personally found this show be less pigmented on my face when compared to faded clementine, even though it swatched better. Nonetheless, this blush is equally beautiful. I recommend it to those who are looking for a more pinky tone. However it still works well on olive skin.

I probably could have gone without this blush but I am glad that I picked it up. It triumphs the other blushes I have by a mile. There is a small amount of kick back, depending on the type of brush that you use. Just for comparisons...It's not as finely milled as Hourglass.

I don't think this blush will show up on a lot of skin tones.

A soft fluffy brush is the ideal for Em Cosmetic's blushes.

This blush is beautiful but I think I could have gone without it.






DIVINE SKIES PALETTE $38USD

Palette Includes:
Terra: Milk Chocolate Matte
Phoenix: Warm Clay Matte
Sunset: Soft Peach Matte
Radiant: Bleached Copper Shimmer
Magic Hour: Duochrome Nectar Shimmer 
Heavenly: White Gold Shimmer

I really didn't need another eyeshadow palette. I was reluctant to get this, I asked several people who had ordered from Em Cosmetics to see if this palette was worth it. I received some positive feedback and thought - heck. I need to make it to $100 so I chucked this palette into my cart.


First impression - wow this is a tiny palette. Considering it was the most expensive item in my cart. But once I swatched the shades.... I can't help but feel impressed. It was pigmented and the colours were beautiful.

There is kick back if you use a small fluffy brush, however I like to use a small flat dense brush and pat my eyeshadows - less kick back and less fall out.

The shades are absolutely gorgeous. 3 mattes and 3 shimmers. Best to apply the shimmers with your fingers.

I wore it for 11 hours and it did not crease. I don't prime my lids.
There was a bit of fading (as expected) especially with the shimmer shades, but the matte colours lasted surprisingly well.  My whole face was creasing except for my shadows. The Duochrome nectar shimmer colour is my favourite. Oh my lids, this palette worked incredibly well, it's small but I think it's worth it. I was going to purchase a Tom Ford eyeshadow palette... I won't be doing that anymore.

The colour palette is more pink based, I don't think the matte shades will show up well on deeper skin tones as the shades are quite soft.



COLOR DROPS SERUM BLUSH SOFT AMETHYST $25USD

To be honest, this was the only product I wanted from Em Cosmetics for a long time. I actually wanted Rose Milk but it was sold out. I also realised that I had enough pink blushes and wanted to try a different shade.

Soft Amethyst is a rose berry shade.

The consistency of the serum blush is one of a kind, so easy to blend and almost gel like. It's pigmented and it doesn't streak.

The one thing I noticed is that it gets crusty around the bottle (see pic). I would prefer a pump bottle VS a droplet dispenser. As beautiful as this is, I think I could have done without it... ironically it was the product that caught my eye initially and I wanted to purchase multiples.

WORTH THE HYPE? 
Yes, from the products I have tried so far. They are of high quality and all Made in Italy.
I would 100% repurchase the eyeshadow palette and faded clementine.


SWATCH VIDEO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts