Friday, March 30, 2012

Don't ask me stupid questions.

Before I became a hardcore recruiter I was socially awkward.

I recall attending one particular interview for a low-budget, mediocre accessory store. The Snooki prototype store manager took me to the secluded, shady part of the food court and the ...cognitive rape... I mean interview commenced...

"So, Lily.. tell me about yourself"

"Ummmm...."

*Shit. Tell her about myself quick quick, think of something, bloody helll THINK THINK THINK something about me uhhh... Ok, we got this in the bag.. nah. fuck it, I got nothing.*

-------------------------------------30seconds later----------------------------------------------------------

 "Um... My name is Lily"

"Ok....Well tell me about what you are doing at the moment"

"Studying B.psych...Looking for a part time job and now I'm sitting here."

"So you're studying, but tell me about you"

"Right, umm... I play a few instrument, I like films, art, travel, some sports.... I went and sawGunther Von Hagen's exhibition last week"

"Great, what exhibition was it?"

"The human body. He invented plastination; human anatomy preservation. Lots of cadavers.. some were sliced some were skinned, some body parts were severed."

".... that sounds... interesting. Was that for study?"

"Leisure"

Obviously I didn't' get hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts