2016 Reflections and 2017 Goals
My attitude towards work is temperamental, it's been a rollercoaster ride this year, there's been several occasions where I've wanted to quit and do something different. I still feel like I'm at a point where I'm not too sure what I want to do with my life. My job is extremely demanding, a lot of pressure, liaisons, deadlines and really quite stressful. Yet at the same time I adore the flexibility and the fact that I get to go out, see clients and am not stranded to a desk 8 hours per day. There are elements of my job which I love and aspects I despise. I hope in 2017, I will come to some sort of clarity.
Travel was relatively fruitful this year, I spent a week in Singapore and went to sea on the Royal Caribbean, stopping by New Caledonia and Vanuatu. We also spent a few days up in Umina Beach for a friend's wedding.
Like everyone else, I would love more holidays and have a couple more planned for next year, but money and time has always (and probably will always) be a barrier.
I held a personal record of not contracting any sort of flu, virus or colds for 2 years until this mid 2016. The amount of times I got sick (and it's duration) from mid to end of 2016 was a little bit beyond ridiculous.
I did initially plan to get a gym membership but I have been absolutely exhausted after work and decided not to proceed. I did however spend most days adhering to a strict exercise routine (which had recently ceased due to sheer laziness).
My partner and I will be coming to our 3... maybe 4 or 5 year anniversary some time next month. We are awful aren't we? No anniversary date and I've lost track as to how long we have been together but we have shared so many great moments together in 2016! My partner and I have discussed this, Marriage is not on the cards due to financial reasons, marriage is expensive and no a priority at the moment.
BLOG AND SOCIAL MEDIA
2016 was a pretty big-ish year for my blog, I went to numerous beauty events and managed to post fairly regularly on my blog whilst juggling my full time job with ridiculous hours. I can't believe I have reached 6k on Instagram and have started (slowly) introducing more fashion based posts on my page.
- I love books, but due to the amount of writing and reading I need to do for my job I haven't been able to find time to read anything that's not a medical report. In 2017, I would like to spend more time reading novels. I've made a start to Moby Dick and hoping to finish it off in the next couple of months.
- This is an odd goal, as a child my mum told me I've always been a left hand dominant child. My preschool teacher more or less forced me to use my right hand. In last couple of months I've re-taught myself to write with my left hand and would like to be able to write more legibly with my left.
- Get my makeup storage situation sorted
- Pack my own lunch for work.
- Complete at least 20 minutes of exercises/stretches per day in conjunction to the 10,000 steps I usually do per day.
- Lose 1kg around my thighs and the spot just above my buttocks. I appear to look deceivingly thin but my body is rather disproportioned - I'm a size 6-8 from waist up and a size 10 from waist down. It's difficult for me to find dresses that are fitting.
- Finish a blusher and an eyeshadow palette.
- Survive as my friend's Maid of Honour (I am attending 2 weddings this year, YAY!)
- Grow my Instagram account, I'd like a measureable and figurative goal, but I feel like I'd be placing too many emotional attachments on number. My emphasis is always quality not quantity.