Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Brand Focus: L'UNICO Luxury Skincare (Day, Night, Eye, Vitamin C, Phyto Peel and Hydrating Mask)



Winter is a dreadful time for my skin, it gets dehydrated and dry at the same time, I use to hate the fact that we never have a heater at our place.. but being at work, sitting under a heater for 8 hours a day doesn't do any favours for my skin.

For the past couple of week I have been trialling a variety of products from L'unico. I provided a brief outline about L'unico in the event post, so if you want to get to know L'unico as a brand, click here.

This review will be split in half, I will be reviewing L'unico's Essential Beauty Pack followed by a couple of treatment products.

L'UNICO ESSENTIAL BEAUTY PACK - $350

Undoubtedly, this is a bit of an ultimate beauty pack, containing your day, night, eye and serum.
Four of L'unico's best selling products. They are compact and excellent for travel. This beauty pack is targeted to those who are looking for plumpness, hydration and elasticity.


YOUTH ESSENCE DAY CREAM 15mg

  • A luxurious day cream that hydrates and works to boost collagen types I, III and IV synthesis, minimising collagen degradation.
  • It aims to increase tone elasticity and density. Helps to mitigate the damage of UV exposure.
  • Leaving no residue and the skin feels velvety smooth after application.

MY VERDICT

A lovely light weight yet hydrating day cream, there is a slight floral scent to this cream and it's quite pleasant. I enjoy using this day cream under my makeup as it allows my foundation to sit nicely. This day cream does not contain any SPF which means I can wear it on quiet days in. This may pose as an inconvenience to some but it really does not bother me.

My skin did feel velvety smooth following application, I think that's why the foundation sits so nice underneath and I don't need to use a primer. I have not noticed any significant changes to my skin, I believe I may uncover changes with continued use.  

REGENERATIVE NEUROPEPTIDE NIGHT FORMULA 15mg

  • A rich night cream that helps to reverse the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines.
  • Helps boost keratin, protein and collagen types I, II, III and IV synthesis.
  • Contains Vitamin A that is stable without degradation or oxidation.
  • Instant absorption and penetration into the deeper layers of the skin.
  • Leaving no residue

MY VERDICT

This night time formula is thick and creamy - just my type of night cream!!! It works so well with the Vitamin C, my skin looks hydrated and plump in the morning. It gives me a natural glow. There is one downfall to this product and it's the scent.... I think it's the vitamin A. If you have used Vitamin A serums/creams etc previously, you will know what I am talking about! While it does become more tolerable over time and fortunately does not linger on your skin for too long.




NEUROPEPTIDE FIRMING EYE THERAPY 15mg
  • Nourishing eye cream that decreases the appearance of puffiness around the eye area
  • Helps to improve skin elasticity, appearance of dark circles  and contains Vitamin E

MY VERDICT

This is definitely a high performing eye cream. Following the first couple of uses, I felt immediate firming effects which toned down after a week's of usage. My under eye area appeared more hydrated and I look refreshed. However, this was unable to rid my puffy bags. I personally feel this product is more effectively towards controlling fine lines and the prevention of fine lines - a little goes a long way. I prefer using this product at night and a gel eye cream in the morning - it's not a heavy eye cream but I just personally prefer a gel-like eye cream in the morning, having said this, the formula would suit both day and night and sits well under makeup.

HIGH POTENCY 30% VITAMIN C SERUM 15ml
  • A highly stable form of Vitamin C
  • Works as a powerful antioxidant and is a potent oil soluble form of Vitamin C
  • Helps prevent cellular ageing by inhibiting the cross inking of collagen, oxidation of proteins and lipid peroxidation
  • Unlike regular Vitamin C this will not exfoliate or irritate the skin and is well tolerated by even the most sensitive skin types.
  • It can be used in high doses and lasts for up to 18 months without oxidising

MY VERDICT


Whilst I have heard a lot about Vitamin C, I don’t believe I have used a Vitamin C serum previously. This product is highly potent with a liquid texture. I have been using my Vitamin C in the evening after cleansing and toning. This product is designed for sensitive skin, however after using this for a few days on a consecutive basis I experienced some peeling to the left side of my face (I am unsure whether it's the Vitamin C or the night cream with Vitamin A as I have previously experienced similar peeling using Vitamin A). That’s when I decided to give my skin a break from the serum and used it every 2-3 days whilst using the night cream every alternate day followed by a gradual build up of use, which seem to build up my tolerance.
I have to say, my skin looked great in the morning when I used the Vitamin C and night cream together. My pore just keep getting smaller... not kidding!



PHYTO FRUIT AHA MICRO PEELS - $90

  • An effective at home peel available in 3 strengths/skin-types
  • Level 1 for Fair skin with low strength of fruit acids; Level 2 for olive skin and moderate strength of fruit acids; Level 3 for dark skin and contains relatively high strength of fruit acids.
  • Utilises face pads soaked in fruit acids to gently exfoliate the outer layer of the skin
  • Noticeable decrease in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • To be used once a week after cleansing, apply pad all over the face for up to 10mins avoiding eye and lip area. Rinse thoroughly.

MY VERDICT

This micro peel is hands down my favourite product from the L'unico range I have tried thus far. The peels come in individual pads to be used all over your face. I find that a single pad is more than enough for my face, I can also wipe down my neck and upper back – that’s where I get a lot of congestion!
I was expecting his product to really sting my face, however despite the increased weather related skin sensitivity the sting I experienced was very minimal, there were a couple of small chapped spots on my chin where I experienced a slight sting. Following the peel my face looked and felt radiant and clean. I no longer had to spend 10 minutes in the shower trying to scrub my dead skin off. It was squeaky clean in a couple of minutes. As mentioned in my previous posts, I have been told by skin care consultants that my skin works better with liquid exfoliates.



L'UNICO INTENSIVE HYDRATING MASK 250g - $150

  • Delivers rich nutrients and antioxidant protection
  • Helps to achieve a radiant glow and instant moisturising/hydrating effect
  • Helps reduce the appearance of surface imperfections such as fine lines, enlarged pores and discolouration while improving elasticity.

    MY VERDICT

    This intensive hydrating mask is beautiful, it looks like a mud mask but it does not dry out your skin.  I have been using this mask on a weekly basis to restore my skin, I leave the mask on until the product is set and wash my face under lukewarm water. While my skin does look and feel re-charged, I always require additional hydrating agents/serums/creams etc as my skin is so dehydrated and dry at the moment. I did notice my pores to tighten following each use, but they do expand a little in a couple of days (maybe because they get dirty?!) the pores are also visibly cleaner after using the mask. However I haven't experience any decrease in discolouration yet.



    OVERALL
    This is a very luxury skincare brand. I am mindful of the price and it's not cheap! If you want to indulge and try just one product from the range I have reviewed... my recommendation is the peel!!! Whilst I liked all the products, some stood out, some didn't, some worked some required more time, I do think L'unico products are of high quality.  HOWEVER, if I had a set amount of disposable income to treat my skin, I would highly recommend for you to go in for a personalised consultation where the products are made specifically for you and to treat your skin concerns. It's not every day you come across a customisation focused brand like L'unico.
    Products featured in this post were provided for editorial purposes

    1 comment:

    1. Great Review. I've been so interested in this brand, I just wish their website listed ingredients!

      ReplyDelete

    Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

    Featured Post

    Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

    So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

    Popular Posts