Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Day Retreat @ Billabong Retreat, Maraylya NSW

 



I have been eyeing a yoga retreat for the longest time and finally made my way to Billabong Retreat for a day retreat. Located in Maraylya, 45minutes from Sydney is a hidden gem. I was unsure what to expect but was hit with a sense of tranquillity upon arrival. 




8:45AM - ARRIVAL

With plenty of parking on site, we were given a quick little tour around the main area before we made our way into the dining area for a cuppa. Shortly after, we were due to attend our first workshop on self care.




9AM - WORKSHOP 

I wasn't sure what to expect at a self care workshop, perhaps some tips and tricks on me time? Alas, the workshop was extremely informative with information on the nervous system and how our body reacts to stress. We participated in a breathing and walking exercise around the room, plus a little bit of music therapy. I was EXTREMELY relaxed. 




10:30AM - FREE TIME

We literally sat down, admired the bushland with another cup of chai and some colouring in activities. 

11AM - YOGA

Since having the baby, 1 full hour of yoga is RARE!!! I was able to practice without stress, interruption and distractions. It was a great yoga session for all levels.





MIDDAY - LUNCH 

A buffet style lunch made by their resident chef. All plant based and it was honestly one of the best meals I've had in a LONG time. Everything complimented each other and was just amazing. 



FREETIME

We had some social time interacting with some of the other guests and took a walk around the billabong. I remember wishing it was a longer stay and how I didn't' want to go back to work the next day. Looking at the Purple Swamphens dashing across the lily-pads was really something else, at one with nature. 





2PM - TREATMENT 

Infrared treatment was included as a part of our day retreat package. Other guests had various treatments such as massage and reiki booked during the afternoon. We sat in the Infrared sauna and I had never seen sweat beads popping out of my arms. We were in there for 35-40 minutes before taking a shower. My skin looked and felt incredible the session. 


FREE TIME

During our last bit of free time we took a dip in their magnesium pool. It was the perfect weather for it. I haven't swam in a pool for a long time and it was refreshing. 




AFTERNOON TEA 

We were served some watermelon and choc balls. Oh and their Dandy Chai is ace. I had so many cups I've lost count. We decided to head off and beat the traffic at around 4pm. But there's a yoga session at 3:30PM if you decide to stay for a bit longer!


COST

Midweek from $150
  • Day Retreat – $150 per person (workshop or sauna included)
  • Day Retreat with 1 treatment – $200 per person
  • Day Retreat with 1 treatment + workshop – $250 per person
  • Deluxe Day Retreat with massage, reiki and workshop – $325 (saving $50)
WEBSITE 

https://billabongretreat.com.au/


OVERALL

Amazing day retreat, I highly recommend it to anyone who is curious to sample a yoga retreat or if you are simply time poor and only able to get away for the day. We are itching to go back to stay a few nights in their treehouse.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts