Review: Trilogy Instant Bronzing Gel
Trilogy is well known for their excellence in skincare, I have never met someone who has spoken negatively about the brand, in fact while I was working in the industry, a client recommended Trilogy to me. Knowing Trilogy is a reliable brand, I swallowed my hesitation and decided to give the product a go! I actually have a Trilogy brand focus coming up, but thought I'd post an individual post about the bronzing gel to help all you gorgeous ladies get summer ready.
About Trilogy Instant Bronzing Gel
- Buildable natural, elegant shimmering tan
- Certified natural
- Contain mica, vitamin E and aloe vera
- Quick drying
- Provides instant caramel colour
- Contains caramel from cane sugar and plant derived DHA
- Lasts 2-3 days
- Made in New Zealand
Price: $18.95 for 100ml
Shop here: http://www.trilogyproducts.com/products/instant-bronzing-gel-100/
Aqua (Water), Alcohol, DHA, Caramel, Xanthan Gum, Mica & Titanium Oxide & Iron Oxides CI77019, CI77891, CI77489, Tocopheryl acetate, Mica & Titanium Oxide CI77019, CI77891, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Sodium hydroxide, Parfum, limonene
|Can you see the shimmer?|
- The content itself is quite shimmery but it's not an abrasive glitter... more like how its described, an elegant shimmer. Based on personal preference, I know some people would prefer a shimmerless than, if that's you then this product is not for you.
- If you are a festival go-er, shimmer fanatic, and fairy skin lover you will love this product! Although the shimmer is not visible on camera from a distance, it is fairly reflective in light and it'll look like you have a really awesome shiny glow - think sutble strobing for your legs.
- I would recommend this products for pretty much all over - you may want to avoid the face unless you want a shimmering face!
- Application wise, you can use a tanning mitt, I used my hands because the gel formula was so easy to blend, it didn't really stain my hands.. although I did wash my hands immediately after application. There were more shimmer on my hands than colour and most of the shimmer will wash off in water.
- The tan will last for 3 days as claimed, on the second day most of the shimmer would have rubbed off, the colour faded slightly, by the third day most of my tan have faded with a slight tint. This is a great product for those who like a very short term tan or buildable tan.
- The colour is instant and does not streak, you don't need to wait till the next morning to find out what your skin looks like with the tan on, and you certainly will not wake up to blotches.
- It smells like Toffee or Maple syrup..and I love it, it reminds me of my Pankcake Milkshake from the Hello Kitty Diner I went to recently.
- This is the fastest drying tan I have ever used, it will dry matte and smooth within 5 minutes of application, wave goodbye to the days where you need to stand around in your underpants in the bathroom waiting for your tan to dry!
- Personally, I don't mind if my tan is shimmer or matte, as long as it doesn't make me look like a disco ball, I'm happy, however I do prefer a product that is longer lasting to prevent me from repetitive application since I don't have a lot of time or energy after work! Overall, I was happy with the outcome of the product as it worked much better than expected. It didn't turn orange and looks really natural, even with the shimmer.. just wish it lasted longer!
Before and After
Stay tuned for my Trilogy skincare brand focus :)
*This product was provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own