Sunday, May 8, 2016

Boots Laboratories Optiva Skincare Range Review



I am beyond tired and still recovering from my week in Singapore and 2am flight back. Unfortunately I have sacrificed my Saturday to attend work related training so I am feeling a little bit restless. Nonetheless the training was on environmental modification (i.e., when health professional come together with builders and architects to design a suitable home/public environment for those is a disability) was extremely informative and worthwhile. Even though my mental and physical state is completed exhausted. My skin is looking pretty darn good!

I was lucky to receive Boots Laboratorie's Optiva range to trial, I've been using this for a few weeks now and I'm ready to deliver my verdict! Oh and I recently purchased the little blue giraffe clip (see above), it is just too cute not to be in photos!!


Optiva Radiance Renew Foaming Wash $14 for 150ml
A gentle foaming wash that leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and invigorated with a healthy glow.

I am sure that I have mentioned this in my previous posts, that I am not a massive fan of foam cleansers (unless I use my Shiseido cleansing brush) simply because it spreads very easily and get caught in my hair sometimes. I also find it difficult to breath with the foam around my nose. But if I am in the shower, foam is great as it reminds me of the bubble baths I use to have as a child.  I usually find foam cleansers quite drying, but this particular cleansing foam was surprisingly moisturising. As for makeup removal, the best way to get bits off your face is with a cleansing brush. 



Optiva Radiance Refresh Tonic $14 for 150ml
A refreshing toner to comfort and hydrate the skin.

It's been a very long time since I've used a toner that is not a spray or a mist. I've been using this toner day and night (although I have skipped a few mornings, it's hard to keep up the skincare routine during work days!). I like to pour some of the toner onto my hands and apply it on my face as if I'm a man patting aftershave on. I dislike using cotton pads because I don't feel it's economical! A lot of product wastage in terms of the toner and cotton pads.

I found this particular toner to be really quite pleasant, it has a floral-ish scent and did not irritate my skin. The toner is quickly absorbed into my skin after application to provide an instant boost of hydration.



Optiva Aqua-Capture Serum $24 for 30ml
A concentrated skin hydrating serum with a light weight formulation, easy to apply and works deep into the skin.

A lovely light weight serum with a subtle sweet scent that dries fairly quickly. I use this after my tonic and the pair works together wonderfully, my skin feels amazing and incredibly hydrated! The serum does not roll off my face nor does it irritate my skin. I have been using it slightly under my eyes just around the orbital bones, this works for me, however if you have sensitivities, stick to your eye cream! This serum also works really well with Optiva's night cream!


Optiva Daily Protection Cream $22 for 40ml
A hydrating lightweight formula suitable for oily skin and combination skin.

This is a light weight day cream with SPF 15+. I usually opt for SPF 30-50 +, however this day cream had come in especially handy in the past week. I've been doing more time in the office than on the road, so I felt that SPF 15 was sufficient. Otherwise I often put another layer of SPF on top of this day cream.

There is a nice subtle scent to this day cream, which is again relatively floral and quite pleasant. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this product other than the fact that I personally need more than SPF15 because I spend a lot of time outdoors for work.


Optiva Nourishing Night Cream $22 for 40ml
A rich moisturising cream that absorbs easily to help restore skin overnight.

Has anyone tried this night cream? I have never tried anything like this before, the consistency is fairly thick and heavier than the other Optiva products, although still easy to blend. Less is more with this product, if you put too much on it'll slip off. The product has a rather medicinal (?) scent, I really can't describe it but I'm not a big fan of the scent (I did get accustom to the scent over time). BUT, once applied, the night creams gives off a fantastic cooling sensation. I am notorious for using pimple cream on large areas of my face for that reason, it helps calm my skin down, or that's what my inner voice tells me.

I love the cooling sensation, I noticed a lot less redness around my nose (which is usually red, I also pick my face.. oops). Prior to using this night cream the redness on my face would last for months on end, but I personally feel that the redness is easing a lot faster with Optiva's night cream.

In addition, I have dry skin, so I found the consistency to be perfect. I do love heavy night creams. A part from the scent, I think this is a very unique product!



Overall, Optiva's range worked quite well for me, especially since I have dry skin - I can see how the entire routine may feel a bit heavy for those with oily skin, however when products are used individually, it suits all skin types. The only thing I'd change is the scent of the night cream. My skin felt pump and extremely hydrated following my use in the past month. This is a great and affordable range, I've seen Optiva advertised in a few pharmacies, have a look if you are passing by!

Website
http://www.amcal.com.au/

Disclaimer: These products were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I don't like foam cleansers either, because you have to be so careful they don't go in your eyes. I like that the night cream calms redness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Optiva Nourishing Night Cream sounds right up my alley! My hit up my local Amcal once I'm done with my stash of night creams. And yes, that blue giraffe clip is way to cute to not include in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neato. Always in the market to try out some new skin care. Thanks Lily, and hope you're back to your normal energy levels soon. LOVE the hairclip lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post Lily! I love hearing all about your thoughts skincare and these sound really nice. Also not a fan of foam cleansers as they nearly always dry out my skin. The other products sound lovely and there's nothing like using a serum x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. Though I haven't tried them out yet, I am hope to give a try to the foam cleanser.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts