Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Charlie & Co. - Westfield Sydney

 I've been eager to visit Charlie & Co since Westfield's opening. Even though I love all types of food, I'm picky, I haven't laid a finger on McDonald's preservatives filled burgers.. those aren't real buns... it's a glucose mesh!

Charlie and Co is located on the upper floor of Westfield Sydney, among other "high-end" restaurant chains. It was very much a self serve food-court style venue. We ordered and paid for our food in line prior to devouring them. We sat down on the outskirt of the semi enclosed area of Charlie & Co. If you are willing to pay an extra $2 for your burger you'd be eligible to sit in their "VIP" area (behind the black band; see picture below) and have water delivered to your table. This was a joke...money is the margin of service? we're all your customers, why differentiate and segregate people by a mere $2? Ridiculous.



After reading all the previous reviews.... I couldn't help myself and ordered the Federation Burger $16 (Seasoned Angus beef pattie with tomato relish, tomatoes, lettuce, aged cheddar, fried egg, bacon, sautéed onion and aioli.) To be honest, this was a bit of a let down... the sour tomato relish didn't go well with the bland taste of bread and chewy angus... Odd combination, dry and tasteless.



I ate half of my friend's Wagyu & Co Burger $16  (Wagyu burger with beetroot relish, pickled gherkin, aged cheddar and aioli on a sesame bun). The beef literally melted in my mouth. I liked the combination a lot more than the federation burger. However... this burger was obviously over priced. My idea of "over-priced" burgers are gourmet... like an intricate 5-decked turkey in a seeded brown bun. For god sake, if you're going to charge $16 for a burger, you may as well pair it with some gourmet sour dough instead of a glucose bun.



Parmesan & Truffle Fries $8... this was yummy, I'm not a fries person... but I enjoyed this. However, the lack of Parmesan was a major disappointment. All I could taste was the truffle oil. We got a few dandruff-like cheese specks. Charming. Hefty price tag for a few potatoes but I think this would be a nice, occasional treat. Go for the fries, skip the burgers.

Charlie & Co Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts