Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guerlain 'Meteorites' Pearls Review






I'm gonna start off by saying that Guerlain is a prestigious brand with a hell of a marketing and sales department. The intricate level of packaging, Kudos. The variety of colours and ease on the eyes, Kudos.

Unfortunately... that's all the positivity I possess for this product. I basically got sucked into forking out $60 because of the packaging. Did that tin can worth $60? No. (Note, I purchased this when I was in Hong Kong, if I'm not mistaken... the beads cost up to $120 in Australia)

The beads claim to highlight, contour, act as a blusher, neutralise discolouration (depending on the shade). Mine was in number 2.



Let me be honest with you. These beads do jack shit. It'll give you a bit of fickle fairy shimmer but that's about it. It doesn't even-out your skin tone, doesn't treat discolouration, doesn't give you colour... It's just a fine mist of powder once it hits the brush. I'm not even going to bother with a swatch because the power of the pearls is like planet Pluto, hard to see with the naked eye. (Google some pics, you basically just see skin) Probably the most beautiful piece, but also the most redundant in my kit.

I should have known better, never to judge a book by it's cover goes beyond food and people-wise.

RRP $120AUD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts