I received this little pot of goodness from my latest Lust Have It subscription box. I was ecstatic to see a gorgeous nude lip lacquer. This is the first time I've crossed path with a Mary Kay colour cosmetic product, I've been using their eye makeup remover and foot balm for the past few weeks and really enjoyed both products. I was eagerly waiting for my subscription box after I saw the Mary Kay sneak peak!
- High gloss formula
- Moisturising and smooth
- Part of Mary Kay's limited edition Zen in Bloom Collection
- Includes a mini retractable lip brush
- Light weight
- Jelly texture
Cost: $18 - 0.14oz
- I don't usually reach for lip lacquers, mainly because they tend to be quite thick, this is surprisingly light weight.
- The colour pay off is minimal.... It's great if you want a very natural finish, I'd suggest you to find an alternative if you are looking for a "true" nude lip colour. I had to keep layering to achieve the above result. Personally, I really like natural looking lips. This would be a great combo with a coloured smokey look.
- The lacquer itself is highly glossy.
- I like the retractable brush, but it's difficult to apply the lacquer with the brush... or any brush in that case, I ended up using my fingers.
- Moisturising, my lips did not dry up. Although this is not a long wearing lacquer, it managed to stay put for a couple of hours.
- A tiny bit sticky. I think I'm just being picky here, the lacquer itself is not tacky or sticky but my hair would get stuck in it.
- The lacquer itself is scentless, great for sensitive lips.
- Very affordable, at $18 a pop I wouldn't hesitate to purchase.
Have you tried this product?