Sunday, August 2, 2015

Classic Neutral Eye Look with 3 Rimmel Products

I recently saw Ex Machina at the Govindas Cinema, it seemed to be a fairly underground and low key flick, I haven't seen any promotions nor has it been shown at mainstream cinemas.. which is a shame. "Deus Ex Machina" means "god from the machine" in latin, pronounced "ex-mack-ena". I made the mistake of yapping around telling everyone that I was going to see "Ex Machine-na" until I was kindly corrected.

If you enjoy a combination of sci-fi, thriller and artificial intelligence, then this movie is for you. [SPOILER ALERT] This movie explored themes such as morality, trust, creation, control and ethics among artificial intelligence, there's been a some criticism around it's compatibility with modern robotics - however, in order to enjoy the movie and experience what may potentially be a footprint of future robotics I'd suggest you to look past this. If this is what we are expecting in the next 30 or so years, the future is dark and eerie. With reproduction set a side... how different are we from robots who can generate their own thoughts anyway.

The female characters in Ex Machina had minimal makeup (yet remained absolutely gorgeous). So I thought I'd play around and came up with this very basic look with 3 products from my favourite Priceline brand.


The eyeliner and eyeshadow stick are both waterproof, it doesn't crease and it won't leave traces all over your lids.




I used Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in 002 Bulletproof Beige all over my lids, it's smooth and easy to apply. A relatively bold wing with Rimmel's Exaggerate Eye Definer in 212 Rich Brown, this liner has a built in sponge smudger, I use the left over product on the smudger under my lower lash line. Once that's done, I curled my lahses and applied a generous coat of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Mascara (it smells like cucumbers!!!)



What's your favourite robot movie (if you have one)?

14 comments:

  1. My favourite robot move? I think a cute one would be Wall-E, if i have to go with a classic movie, I recently saw Terminator Genisys and thought that was pretty good! LIlyyyyy love the eye makeup look, I always go simple with the eyes, especially because I have monolid eyes!

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped the spoiler, I haven't seen this yet. I love the sci-fi writer Philip K Dick. His short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" was made into the movie "Total Recall" which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and pretty! I love that mascara. Fave robot movie? Transformers! I want me a Bumblebee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! The colours are so complimentary on your beautiful brown eyes!!! I haven't heard of these shadow sticks, I'll have to check them out when I'm next in Priceline!! My favourite robot movie would have to be either Terminator (the original) or probably I, Robot which is a very interesting movie based on the Isaac Asimov book of the same name! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I've read about Ex Machina but didn't see it at the cinema. I love Bicentennial Man and I, Robot. That eye look is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basic and pretty! I'm all about The Terminator!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using my Rimmel ScandalEyes Bulletproof Beige Eye Shadow stick quite a bit lately also. I use it in the inner corner of my eye to open it up.

    I love you combining movies and makeup in your posts! My favourite robot movie? The only one I can remember seeing is Wall-E with the kids when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to see this movie, I've been gushing over the trailers since they were released! (Being a sci-fi nerd this is totally up my ally)
    I absolutely love the eye look too! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely look! The eyeshadow stick creases on me though (Asian eye problems, methinks). The mascara looks lovely. I haven't tried any of their mascaras. The last robot movie I watched was Chappy. Robot recreation is very possible gathering from the movie lol.
    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh time to try out that mascara - love the look you created hon ♥ I loved Terminator II, but it's hard to go past Blade Runner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. that eye shot! i tried taking pics of my eyes like this but it never turns out nice like yours hahaha ^^ i think im gonna watch Ex Machina ive been debating with bf if i should watch it. i get easily stressed by intense movies so i only pick those that are really entertaining so its worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your makeup looks great. I have gotten so lazy when it comes to make up. I definitely need a new routine.

    I haven't seen any good movies lately. It seems like forever since I have seen anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a simple n easy eye make up, love it and will try it, its great for busy mums:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts