Review: ASAP Super B Complex
Until I started working in the beauty industry I had no idea what serums were. My idea of a skincare routine as a teen consists of washing my face with water and only moisturising my skin when it's chapped. I remember going to Coles with my parents to get my first facial moisturiser, I had an awful windburn and we only had vaseline used for cracked soles in the house. How crazy is that!
These days, I can't go to bed without applying an active serum, it makes a big difference, you may not notice the change immediately but it's visible over time. I was estatic to be given the opportunity to trial ASAP's Super B complex, read on to see if it made a difference!
About ASAP Super B Complex
- Contains Hyaluronic acid, vitamins B5/B9 and high concentration of Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) to boost collagen production and reduce pigmentation.
- Assists with improving skin tone and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps regulate sebum production and reduce appearance of redness including acne type skin
Price: $89 (currently on sale at Ry.com.au for $65.86)
- I've been using this for about 3 weeks now, as a serum and in conjunction to my Trilogy products. My face feels a little heavy if I apply my moisturiser over the serum without a few hours gap.
- The texture and consistency reminds me of V10Plus' Hyaluronic acid, however this product contains other vitamins to boost your skin.
- I use one pump for my whole face, it dries up relatively quickly so you need to work fast. I like to focus on my nose and forehead, occasionally I'd dab some products around my under eye area.
- Once applied my skin feels radiant and plump, I personally like to cleanse, apply Super B Complex and leave it on my skin for a few hours before lathering my night cream on. Super B Complex hydrates my skin really well and it's quite light weight. In fact, some times I would go to bed without my night cream because I feel that a layer of Super B Complex is enough.
- I have noticed some improvements to the state of my skin in the past 3 weeks, my skin does feel more radiant and hydrated with slight reductions of the fine lines on my forehead. I don't have a lot of reddness, and I've succumbed to the fact that no skincare will ever rid my freckles.
- Once the content dries the product sits nicely on the surface of my skin, however, I always need to wash my hands after application because the residual content is a little bit tacky once it's dried. I don't mind it on my face, becuase it doesn't get touched much and once I let it sit and dry it absorbs a little more. That's the only thing I dislike about this product.
- Scent wise, it's relatively subtle and smells like mashmallows - I have no idea why all beauty products smell like some sort of food to me.
- A part from that residual tackiness (did anyone else experience this or is it just me!? I'm trying to figure out whether it's the formulation or the serum reacting to my skin!) I think this is a worthy serum and was able to see more results from this compared to some of my other serums.
*This product was provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own.
Have you tried anything from ASAP?