Minxx Lipstick and Liquid Lipstick Set Review + Swatches
I felt that I lived through a series of unfortunate events this week.
On my way to the train station, there was a man walking behind me with very loud footsteps. I thought he was right behind me so I started to walk unsually fast. There's a substantial amount of trees and random little bushlands near my place. As I walked, I heard the loudest crack and thumb behind me. I jumped and realised a part of a tree fell a few steps behind me. I stood there in shock.
On the way back from work, two birds were racing through the air, one nibbed my hair, but if I took a step forward it may have crashed in my head. Wut Wut wut just wut!
When I got home, we had a black out, thanks to the end of day light savings, we sat in pitch dark for an hour.
What a day, when the light came back on, I decided to play with my minx lipstick to help me forget about the day... and to think hard at lotto numbers.
- Minxx was created by Jo Femia, her aim is to eliminate the struggle of finding the perfect shade of lipstick to suit our ever changing mood.
- Minxx offers a spectrum of colours, their lip collections will brighten up both moods and lips in a flash.
- From rich reds and pretty pinks, Jo has created a line of long wearing creme lipsticks and weightless non-sticky liquid lipsticks.
- MINXX offers 46 carefully chosen shades including nudes and neutrals to orange and purples.
- MINXX lip products are paraben and cruelty free.
|Top: Lipstick in Icing || Bottom: Liquid Lipstick in Idol|
- MINXX Lipstick in Icing $28.50: The first time I swatched the lipstick it glided on beautifully, amazing colour and creamy texture. I couldn't wait to use it. The following day I decided to wear it to work as a pick-me-up, I noticed a change in the texture it wasn't as creamy and dragged on my lips a little. Nonetheless, the colour was still beautiful, pigmented and I only needed one swipe for a full colour coverage. It lasted for approximately 5 hours until I decided to take it off for lunch (I'm not a big fan of eating my lipstick). It was non-transferrable on my hands, however did transfer onto my tea cup. My lips did feel a little bit dry as the day went on.
- Day two, I loved "Icing" so much that I wanted to use it again. I went to apply the bullet on my lips and noticed a funny scent, a very heavy plastic smell. I'm guessing that the product had gone off since the pungent scent was not previously noticable. Needless to say, I was very disappointed, but at least I still had the liquid lipstick
- Liquid Lipstick $32.50: I personally feel that this product is more glossy as opposed to a liquid lipstick. On it's own it gave a brilliant shine and glossy finish. There is also a rather opaque colour pay off. I feel that this product works better in top of a lip colour, for me anyway, I have shakey hands and often find it difficult to evenly distribute glossy lip colours across my lips. The product itself has a strong fruity scent, it's non-sticky and fairly lightweight as per product claim. Maybe it's just my skin, but I didn't feel that the gloss sad on my lips too well.
- Overall: I love the fact that MINXX is paraben and cruelty free. Sadly, I don't think the two products worked out for me, although I would have liked the lipstick if it didn't go funny. But of course, it's impossible for me to love every single product I try and test.
|Lipstick in "ICING"|
|Liquid Lipstick in "IDOL"|
Have you tried products from Minxx? I would love to hear your thought!
Disclaimer: These products were provided for editorial purpose, all opinions are my own.