My skin can get pretty dry and flaky, so I have always craved a healthy glow on my face, to the point I look at people with oily skin and think "WOW, I want that", I am sure that dry skinned beauties would understand this. We always want what we can't have huh?
Highlighting and conturing has been a trend in the forefront of beauty for the past year, this is something that my past self would have loved - changing your face shape using makeup, WUT!
To be honest, I only started highlighting recently and I can't stop! I use a subtle highlighter on a daily basis and for events, I have been using Scout Cosmetics Illuminate.
If you are not familiar with Scout Cosmetics, I will copy and past their philosophy from their site below:
The SCOUT philosophy is very simple, every SCOUT product must have three attributes:
- It must be made in Australia from only the highly quality certified organic and natural ingredients;
- It must be formulated by experts and manufactured to exacting Australian and international standards; and
- Most of all, it must be effective in looking after your skin, enhancing your natural beauty and be a delight to use.
- I have been pretty obsessed with Scout's Illuminate lately, it produce the most amazing glow (the million dollar effect, not the disco ball effect).
- Alongside highlighting, I have been using Illuminate as an eyeshadow too, the shade reminds me of Stila's eyeshadow in "Kitten" which has been my favourite for a long time! But uh... without all the nasties.
- The actual colour of the highlighter is a nude-ish shade, I feel that it works beautifully on olive skin - if you have lighter skin tone, I would highly recommend you to layer the Illuminate on top of your blush or bronzer.
- The highlighter lasts for up to 3-4 hours, it does fade a little over time - however, keep in mind that I do rub my face subconsciously. The product itself is finely milled so it does not look grainy on your face, it literally just looks like a really beautiful glow (just check the photo below #highlighteronfleek). For those who might be a little bit clumsy when it comes to mineral makeup, so make sure you always close the twist-lock sifter. The other brilliant thing about Illuminate is the ingredients, I can count all the ingredients (even with all the different codes) on two hands.
- You can watch the product demo below, my camera lets in a lot of light so I look more washed out than usual (Sorry guys, still trying to find a good spot to film!), however the photo is pretty damn accurate of what Illuminate looks like on my skin.
Scout Cosmetics Illuminate is available for $39.95 from https://www.scoutcosmetics.com/
*This product was provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.