Sunday, February 4, 2018

Review: Carbon Coco 100% Natural Teeth Whitener - Ultimate Carbon Kit


Back at University, my very close friend Priya told me when she grew up in Fiji, they would rub charcoal on their teeth for an instant teeth whitening - the natural way. I was so keen to get myself some charcoal but the only place that sold charcoal was at Bunnings, for BBQ.... haha!

A few years later, I attended a market research for a teeth whitening toothpaste, and I shared Priya's charcoal method as an alternative to harsh dental whitening procedures, people looked at me as if I were an absolute lunatic and instantly ignored this idea.

Which is why I am so glad that Charcoal is a "THING" now!!! I have tried teeth whitening products from brands such as White Glo (Read Here) which was harsh on my teeth.

I am lucky to have the opportunity to try Carbon Coco's Ultimate Carbon Kit, this kit contains:

1x Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
1x Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish
1 x Toothbrush with Bamboo Bristles

RRP $59.95


THE PROCESS

1. Brush your teeth with the Carbon Coco Polish (charcoal powder)
2.Rinse mouth
3. Brush your teeth with Carbon Coco Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
4. Rinse mouth


MY VERDICT

- The Charcoal Tooth Polish combined with the toothpaste following the initial brush did a really good job at ridding all the grime off my teeth. My teeth felt silky and polished following two brushes. 

- The Polish was messy, make sure you brush with your mouth closed otherwise you may have little spots of charcoal splattering all over your basin. 

- The toothpaste is similar to regular toothpaste but better, it lathers up ridiculously well with a very slight grey foam. 

- The overall experience was pleasant, it wasn't harsh, I did not experience any tingling or uncomfortable sensations as I did with conventional teeth whiteners. My teeth were not discoloured from using the charcoal, however I do brush my teeth with a heavy hand so I pushed some of the charcoal into my gums, which eventually dissolved and surfaced.

DID IT WORK?

I felt that my teeth did look more pearly, polished, catching more light and reflective. The yellow tinge I naturally possess in my teeth is still there, but it's SOOO much cleaner. If you look at my before and after photos (zoom in!), you can see some gunk on my two front teeth (close to the gum), which were completely removed after the brushes. My teeth are naturally more of a yellow tone (unfortunately!) so I felt that no product will be able to make my teeth look snow white but this would be my go to teeth whitening method.


If you want to check out Carbon Coco's range, click below:

https://au.carboncoco.com/

Products featured were provided for editorial purpose

1 comment:

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts