I have been a long time fan of Genie Beauty, the range was first introduced to us by founder Lisa Claycomb, her passion triggered my curiosity bell and I have been using Genie Beauty ever since because their quality is up to scratch.
I tend to stay away from physical exfoliates and scrubs for my face (with a few exceptions) due to my enlarged pores, but because it's Genie, I wanted to test it out. So, today I want to talk to you about one of Lisa's latest creations, a triple action exfoliate!
This exfoliant employs a Dual Sensory Performance; Warming sensation upon application enhances the exfoliating action and cooling when rinsed refreshes and rejuvenates.
Japanese Pearl Powder: This powder can be used for multiple uses, i.e., improve skin texture, reduce pore size, control oil and spot reduction.
Bromelain: Is an enzyme extract derived from the stems of pineapples. This enzyme is know for reducing inflammation. Bromelain will help lift away dead skin cells to create a luminous surface in this exfoliant.
Revitalising Peptide Complex: Signals collagen for a brighter, younger looking skin.
- The exfoliant contains small scrubbing grit within a thick gel like formula, the grit is fine but not super refined so you can still get good gentle scrub out of it.
- Ensure your face is damp otherwise the exfoliate won't stick to your face. The Dual Sensory Performance is outstanding, as indicated, there was warming effect between my fingers and my face when massaging the product followed by a cooling sensation once the product was rinsed off.
- I rinsed my face off at the sink and found the exfoliant to take a bit of time to rinse off, for this reason (and because I am lazy) I think I would exfoliate then jump into the shower for a rinse moving forward.
- My face felt ridiculously moisturising after rinsing the exfoliant off, my skin would usually feel dry and uncomfortable after using a scrub or an exfoliate, however with Genie's Exfoliate 3 my face felt hydrated, allowing time for me to make a cup of tea before putting skincare it.
- My skin felt silky smooth and my pores appeared to be clean following use. I am really happy with this product and will continue to use it once per week.