It find it difficult to review facial masks because I find most masks to do the same thing as its counterparts, just labelled differently. Today, I wanted to specifically talk about Medik8's Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose Zinc Mask because this mask had proven it's worth and I want to tell you why!
Before we get started, let's look at the claims.
- Soothing and nourishing enriched mask for post-treatment use.
- Instantly cooling and soothing designed to calm redness and speed up the healing process
- A method to restore and relief the skin without overloading your skin.
- Enriched with hyaluronic acid and zinc
- No synthetic fragrance, no alcohol and minimal preservatives
PRICE: $89 for a packet of 6 (find Stockists here)
- Zinc: mineral healing and antibacterial properties. Helps to regulate oil and enzyme balance.
- Hyaluronic Acid: highly effective humectant to absorb and retain moisture in the skin. Helps to re-establish the skin’s natural hydro-lipid balance.
- Bio-Cellulose: tightly woven natural fibers which easily sit in fine lines and wrinkles to allow for optimum adhesion and delivery of actives. Forms protective barrier to lock in moisture and nutrients.
- Norwegian Kelp / Rockweed Algae: a species of brown algae with a high mineral content, moisturisation benefits and antioxidant activity.
- A couple of weeks ago, I decided to put an organic mud mask on my partner to help clean out his pores. This particular mud mask works wonders for me and had never caused any irritations to my skin. After about 3-4 minutes post application, he told me his face was stinging, I told him it may feel slightly tingling but it should be normal. 6-7 minutes in he said he needs to wash it off because it was burning! After he washed off the mud mask his face was a shade of ripped burning beets. I fussed about and pulled out Medik8's Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose Zinc Mask, this mask provided him with an instant relief. Within 10 minutes his face was no longer burning and the redness, diminished. I felt that this was the ultimate test, this mask had proved it's worth!
- Fit wise, it was fine for me but it wasn't a perfect fit for my partner. It was a little bit short on the nose for him.. But because the actual mask (which is really thin and gel sheet-like) is sandwiched between two rougher sheets, application is quite easy once you separate the masks between the sheets. The mask won't be falling off your face because it tends to stick on your skin.
- There will be plenty of left over serum inside the package. Don't let them go to waste! I applied it all over my arms, thighs, décolletage, chest and the other excess on my stomach.
- My skin doesn't get quite as inflamed as my partner, but it's had a weird rough patch after I had a pretty heavy duty facial treatment. The skin of my cheek and chin felt exceptionally rough. After I used this mask, my skin was restored and returned to his normal condition in 2 days. I kid you not!!!
Products featured were provided for editorial purpose