Sunday, September 9, 2018

5 Ways to Unwind


1. SKIN

Whilst I never neglect my skin during the weekday I like to pay extra attention to my skin on the weekend. This means deep cleanse, treatment and hydration! Clinique's Cleansing balm will melt away any makeup residue and clear your pores without leaving your skin feeling dry. Once your skin is clean, mix your daily dose of Clinique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C with your moisture surge to treat and hydrate at the same time.

Links:
Clinique Fresh Pressed
Clinique Moisture Surge
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm


2. FOOD 

Food, beauty products and travel are probably my three favourite things. We tend to treat ourselves a little over the weekend, whether it's cake or a brunch out. It's a great way to catch up with loved ones or if you are by yourself, read a book or watch the passerbys (is that weird? I love seeing what shoes people are wearing!)

Link:
The Tiny Giant Petersham



3. FILM

We watch a LOT of movies.
I think movies give perspective and taught me how to be a better thinker. After a long day at work movies can also help me unwind - especially the really mindless slapstick comedy. Whether it's at the cinema, on Netflix or something a little bit fancy - the drive in.  It's a little piece of time to yourself or with your friends/loved ones.

Link:
Skyline Drive in Blacktown


4. FIND INSPO

Our apartment is a bit of a mess. Mainly with my mess - beauty products. I have become quite the hoarder and trying really hard to use things up, give things away and throw things out. I really admire people who are able to maintain a large collection of ANYTHING. For me, minimalism really calms my mind. While I don't think I will be able to achieve it any time soon, it soothes me and inspires me to hopefully one day be able to achieve that goal. I saw something I liked at La Porte Space so I took a snap.

Link:
La Porte Space



5. HAIR
Some of my best ideas come about while I am washing my hair. I guess my sensations are stimulated by the hot water massaging onto my scalp. Looking after our hair is important, this is more real to me than ever as my partner's hair started to thin slightly. So I have given him Aveda's damage Remedy to clean, condition and treat. I went to Aveda's store for a hair consultation a long time ago, and they took a close up of my scalp and hair follicles. I will never forget this experience because I then took my partner there and picked up a couple of items to ease his clogged scalp.

Links
Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo 
Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner


1 comment:

  1. I also really like to treat myself with a skin treatment during the weekend, it really makes me ready for the new week!

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts