Saturday, February 2, 2019

Atkinsons London 1977 Pirates' Grand Reserve Eau De Parfum


I was recently introduced to Atkinsons, a famous perfume powerhouse founded by James Atkinsons in London, 1799. James was the perfumer to the royal family. His perfume line grew and currently range from home décor, bath essentials to perfume. I had the choice to chose a fragrance from Atkinson's collection, after reading through the scents and notes, I decided to try something different - Pirates' Grand Reserve from their contemporary collection.


Notes:

Top notes: Rum SFE, Jasmine petals, Heliotrope
Heart notes: Cocoa bean, Geranium essence, Cedarwood
Base notes: Patchouli, Madagascar vanilla essence, Helvetolid

Pirates' Grand reserve was described as rich and adventurous.

"Chocolate and gloriously aged rum pay delicious homage to English gentleman Sir Francis Drake".


I almost always only use fresh and fruity fragrances, when I saw the description of Pirates' Grand Reserved I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone and try something I wouldn't normally wear. For some reason, the description captivated me. The 100ml Eau De Parfum was encased in a classic glass vessel with a weighed metal cap. My first impression was that this bottle marked an epoch of 1799 London's high society.

A light spritz of the scent and you will be able to smell the floral top notes with fairly heavy rum notes. As the fragrance rest on your skin and goes through to the heart/base notes, you know that it will be extra long lasting. Pirates' Grand Reserve is indeed rich, daring, strong and not for the faint hearted. The base notes are extremely prominent with the vanilla slightly under the Helvetolid - so quite a musky scent. The scent will hold on your skin for hours... literally hours. If it's sprayed onto an item of clothing, it will last until the next day.


I'd classify this perfume as a unisex scent that can be worn by both men or women. This scent is suitable for those who are drawn towards a strong and long lasting old fashioned scent. I am really glad that I ventured out to the high seas to try something new and different, I appreciated how long lasting this fragrance is, Atkinson's history, motto and use of high quality ingredients. However I have to be very honest here, at first, this unique scent was so strong I instantly thought, "uh oh... this is not for me.. too strong.. too musky". I sprayed a generous amount on my colleague who felt the same ….alas after a few hours of wear, I sniffed my wrist and was completely surprised - the scent grew on me. I messaged my colleague who reported the same. The strong musk scent eased and it turned into a mixture of patchouli with vanilla. This is the type of scent that you really need to go out there and have a sniff for your self, it's very unique and nothing like anything I have ever tried before.

Atkinsons is available at selected David Jones stores
Call 1800 940 578 for more information

WEBSITE
www.atkinsons1799.com/
Sample provided for editorial purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts