Friday, October 23, 2020

7 SUSTAINABLE AND ECO FRIENDLY PRODUCTS YOU NEED


1. REUSABLE PADS AND PERIOD UNDERPANTS

Reusable menstrual products can take some getting use to. You really have to ease into it, I started off with a regular flow reusable underwear from Love Luna, followed by a heavy flow ModiBodi underwear. Eventually you become accustomed to the process of  washing your own blood. Recently, I started to use reusable pads, there are pros and cons to reusable pads; the major pro other than it being reusable is that it's odourless. And the cons? Well, it's strapped onto your underpants so there is some expectations of sliding. Period undies and reusable pads are also great for those who cannot use menstrual cups due to fear or a case of sensitive cervix. Bonds joined the wagon and released their Bloody Comfy Period Undies.

There is a good variety to select from.

2. COTTON PADS

I was buying disposable cotton pads in bulk, 2-3 cotton pads to remove a full face of make up and I'm not a heavy makeup wearer! During the evening we have toners and acids, more cotton pads going straight into the bin. Reusable cotton pads seemed like a hassle but after using reusable undies and pads, it was nothing. A quick wash with soap or my least cleanser after each use. Ecosophist uses Organic bamboo (soft, gentle and sensitive for daily use) and Organic hemp (durable and designed to remove heavy set makeup). Bambu Face have their own range made from Bamboo Rayon Fabric (Bamb Velour fabric for a buttery finish and Bamboo Terry for durability).

These small but mighty heroes can be used up to 250 times!


3. ECO FRIENDLY TOOTHBRUSH

Given that we need to change our tooth brush every 3-4 months, there is a lot of plastic toothbrush / brush heads going into the trash. I was introduced to Lovebyt  and started using their bamboo toothbrush, it works a treat. I was also introduced to Jack n Jill's nonGMO Cornstarch handle toothbrush. Cornstarch? I'm impressed.  




4. BIO-COMPOSTABLE WAX STRIPS

When I first met Marzena, I stood there thinking.. "Oh not another wax strip company... BORING.. why do they bother with...COMPOSTABLE... WAIT, WHAT!!!".  The strips are bio-compostable and the wax itself is made from sustainable pine tree resin. Before Marzena, I shaved and I only shaved. I admit to enjoy the feeling of my legs after a good wax, but I was going through 10-15 strips on my wookiee legs. Marzena offers body strips and facial strips. Now, I wax my legs for special occasions.



5. STAINLESS STEEL STRAWS

Who chews straws? Guilty. Pro at deforming plastic straws and shredding paper straws. In my experience paper straws cannot stand the test of time. 10 minutes in and the paper straw will fail to hold  it's shape, tarnishing my beverage drinking experience. Metal straws managed to break (no pun intended) my chewing habits. They are fairly easy to wash with a small scrub head and some bicarb soda. Biome sells a range of stainless steel straws and scrub heads. Otherwise, you can free range and explore on Ebay. 


6. BEESWAX WRAPS

We have 1 roll of emergency glad wrap at home that is rarely ever touched, thanks to Beesewax wraps We use it to cover everything. Including wrapping sandwiches from time to time. The sheets can be customised, buy a big sheet and cut them or purchase pre-cut sheets to your liking. I personally find the bigger sheets  to be bulky to use and opt to cut mine personally. We do have a bigger sheet (photographed) just in case! There are so many sellers out there, Bee Wrappy, Honey Bee Wrap or jump on Etsy




7. COCONUT BOWLS 

When my coconut bowl came into my life, everything change. I was no longer accidentally breaking bowls and worry about the porcelain while I am enjoying my yogurt. I find coconut bowls to be durable, light weight and easy to wash. I love multi-purpose items... like a coconut, quenches thirst, eases hunger and holds your food. There is a good range from Coconut Bowls, they sell regular and larger sized bows as well as coconut bowl candles. Just remember not to put your coconut bowls in the oven, fridge or microwave and you are sweet. My tip - the ultimate yogurt/fruit/ice cream bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts