Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mamak - Chinatown Revisit

Did Mamak rid their lunch menu??

$2.50pp for rice?!...... this is blasphemy.

My dish came out within 5mins of ordering, I was incredibly impressed. It was in a significantly larger bowl than the usual lunch menu. We ordered two rice.... I was going off my previous lunch experiences, where we'd get our own rice for every lunch meal. My dish came out with the rice, so I assumed that it was mine (didn't know it was the shared rice until we realised that the second rice was never gonna come).

 Kari ayam $16
Classic chicken curry cooked with freshly ground spices and chunky potatoes.

Significantly more chicken and potatoes than the previous lunch menu. Flavour was good.
 

two rice... in the same bowl, only 3/4 full... might be a good idea to give us two bowls.. $5 ($2.50 ea)


 Roti canai $5.5The original roti. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.

Teh ais $3.5
Ice milk tea. <---nomnomnom br="br" i="i" love="love" tea="tea" this="this">


Teh ‘O’ ais limau $3.5
Ice tea with a splash of lime. <-- a="a" expected="expected" lot="lot" sweeter="sweeter" than="than">



We also got the

Kari sayur $14
Vegetarian curry cooked with lentils, fresh tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and eggplant.

I forgot the picture, sorry!


I used to love this place but I'm very disappointed with the menu changes. It used to be $12-$16 per head. Now it's $25+ per head w/o dessert. To be honest, I'd only be going back to have the roti, drinks and a shared dessert. Maybe a shared Mee Goreng..

Mamak on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts