Review: V10Plus Hyaluronic Acid Serum
V10Plus has been a brand on speculation for quite some time, I've been seeing countless positive reviews for V10plus' products, as a major fan of Japanese skincare, I was desperate to try their products and see if it's as amazing as the reviews I've read. Lucky enough I won a bottle of serum of my choice from their Instagram giveaway! With some advice from Tony from V10Plus in treating my extremely dehydrated skin, I received my spanking new Hyaluronic Acid Serum
V10Plus, an extension of V10 birthed in Toyota, City of Japan by founder Akiko Yokota and her sister. 10 serums were developed to cater for different skin types and needs. All V10Plus products are researched, studied and tested to ensure it's quality. V10Plus is currently distributed across Europe, Russia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia... and now Australia YAY!
V10Plus has an AMAZING range of products, from serums to water based sunscreen.
- Hyaluronic acid can hold 6 litres of water per 1 gram
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring within our body, each person has approximately 15 grams of hyaluronic acid, production decrease with age. By the time we reach our mid 40s, production rate is decreased by 50% of what is required to maintain our supple, firm and wrinkle free skin.
- It is assumed that approximately 1/3 of the hyaluronic acid in our body degrades and is replaced on a daily basis.
- Hyaluronic acid hydrates our skin, hair, eyes, tissues around our nerves and joints.
- Hyaluronic acid can act as a shock absorber around joints and assist with new cell productions/waste filtration from cells.
- Hyaluronic acid claims to have the ability to slowly down the process of ageing, those with large quantities of Hyaluronic acid in their body will likely to have younger looking skin for a longer period of time. However, once wrinkles surface, Hyaluronic acid will only be able to assist with smoother and soft skin, it is unlikely that wrinkles and deeper folds will subside regardless the frequency of use. The effectiveness of Hyaluronic acid to slow down the effects of aging in skincare or oral intake has been hypothesised but yet to be soundly proven.
- Hyaluronic acid in skincare is able to penetrate our skin and act as a carrier to transport other key ingredients deep into our skin.
- My skin is dehydrated and dry to the bone, however I have a dislike of putting face cream on straight after showering... I like every inch of my body to be dry before any greasy creams go on. Since I have started using V10Plus, it's the first thing I reach for straight out of shower. It's absorbing ability is incredible.. faster than Flash Gordon. The gel texture spreads well, a pea sized drop will cover your whole face, however once it's on your face it seeps into your skin. You will not experience any greasiness, the serum does not leave a trace on the surface of your skin.
- It prevents my after shower skin from flaking and drying up. I apply it around and up to the orbital bones of my eye sockets. I did not experience any sensitivity from using this.
- There's no scent to the serum, so it's perfect for those who are looking for a non-fragrant serum or have sensitive skin.
- Application is simple via the dropper bottle, it's difficult to squeeze the wrong amount onto your hands.
- My 10ml bottle is too small! I'm very close to finishing it up - which is really sad!! However, the smaller bottles are excellent samplers since there's such a wide variety of serums. 30ml is also available.
- I loved this serum, however with my current budget, I'm afraid I cannot fund my addiction with 10ml at $69 and 30ml for $139.
Use discount code "LILY1130" at checkout for 20% off your purchase it is valid until 30th November 2015.
Do you have a favourite serum?