Happy Friday everyone!! HOW EXCITING :D
Friday evening is my favourite time of the week, I feel like I've done a hard week at work and now it's time to kick back, relax and plan my weekend. But when Saturday comes, I'd feel lazy and tired... although makeup always get me out of bed and out of the house.
So I am REALLY excited to review some Estee Lauder products that I have been testing for the past couple of months, I have never actually tried any Estee products before (I know, I am a mad woman!!!).
ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR NUDE CUSHION STICK RADIANT MAKEUP
I was absolutely ecstatic to receive this little gem as I have heard SO many great reviews about Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation, this product was definitely a highlight. Let's go through some of the key points to make this product different to others:
- Provides a radiant flawless healthy glow that lasts for 8 hours.
- Key ingredients includes SkinSync Complex, Quench Complex and Glow Enhancing Optics
- This product is a makeup + pro-tool in one, the cushion sponge is easily removable for cleaning.
- Non-streaking, non-poring and non-settling, colour true shades.
- Oil free, dermalogist-tested and suitable for all skin types.
- Available in 16 shades
Price: RRP $58 (Available from Estee Lauder counters at Myer, David Jones, Sephora and selected Pharmacies)
- Before you use the product, I highly recommend taking the sponge off to give it a wash, there was a distinctive new sponge smell which I initially thought was the foundation.
- I absolutely love the actual foundation, was smooth, covered my pores, I looked healthy and radiant.
- My shade is in 2N1 Desert Beige which is good for winter and a little bit light for summer (For reference: I was matched as a MAC NC25, but I like to go a shade darker and use NC30). I have dry skin and the finish is dewy - this foundation is PERFECT for those with dry skin.
- The mechanism of the foundation requires you to twist to dispense the product and buff/blend using the sponge applicator. I found that one and a half twist will cover your entire face, two twists if you want to layer your coverage. There will be residual products emerging onto your sponge applicator so I find myself to spend more time blending, in all honesty, I prefer
- This foundation is approximately half the size of a regular 30ml foundation. However, I do think that this is a great touch up or travel product. I don't like to keep foundation brushes in my bag and if I am on the train, my hands are probably too dirty to use. Either way, this product is quite versatile in the sense that you can use it with or without the removable sponge applicator.
ESTEE LAUDER SET + REFRESH PERFECTING MAKEUP MIST
A perfect on the go companion to makeup. This is a refreshing mist infused with electrolytes and caffeine, bringing an instant boost of radiance while providing moisture. Lets take a look at it's perks:
- Help makeup to look fresh and luminous
- Apply before and after makeup to help it set, skin will feel supple, fresh and soothed
- Uplifting scents of green mandarin, grapefruit and orange with floral notes of blooming freesia and cyclamen petals
- Diminishes powdery look and adds immediate hydration
Price: RRP $50 (Available from Estee Lauder counters at Myer, David Jones, Sephora and selected Pharmacies)
- I am a lover of sprays, this is a particularly refreshing mist that did prolong the wear of my foundation and my skin did feel more nourished and hydrated after use. The scent of the mist is very subtle, fruity with a twist of floral notes, very uplifting. This is a big differentiating factor from other finishing sprays, which often smell like chemicals.
- This bottle will last for ages, my only complaint is the spray nozzle, I found myself to be spraying tiny droplets of content onto my face rather than a fine mist. Would absolutely love this product if the spray produced a super fine mist that will cover my entire face with a couple of sprays.
PURE COLOUR ENVY VINYL LIPCOLOUR
Estee Lauder welcomes a gorgeous lip colour infusing hydration with vibrant colour. It's a bold and bright lip stain with reflective high vinyl shine finish.
- Highly moisturising and long lasting colour impact
- Lips will be beautifully amplified with high shine and wet finish
- Lasting up to 8 hours of wear
- Key ingredients include volume boosting complex and advanced true vision technology with colour pigments and pearl.
- Available in 5 shades
Price: RRP $52
- This lip colour is INTENSE, the applicator is perfect in the sense that you don't need to use a lip liner and it will perfectly contour your lips.
- The colour.... urgh, it's magical. The shade is a beautiful deep blood red (my camera somehow seemed to have toned the colour down a smidge in the photo below).
- High shine and hydration, it's true!! The formula is non-sticky and ridiculously hydrating. A go-to product for when you want to glam up.
- If you don't eat and drink, it would probably last for 8 hours, however the longest I've worn it was for approximately 5 hours with a lot of drinking and eating. I was careful so a good amount of the lippie remained on my lips.
- I love this lip stain to the core, if you are wondering about scent, it smells like vanilla.
PURE COLOUR ENVY HI-LUSTRE LIGHT SCULPTING LIPSTICK
Pure colour envy is designed to saturate lips with colour and sculpt your lips with light. Here are it's perks:
- Vibrant colour and brilliant shine
- Medium coverage with a shimmer finish
- Available in 12 shades
Price: RRP $52
- When it comes to lipsticks, I firmly believe that you pay for the quality - especially for a dry lipped gal like me. I've used a fair share of pharmacy branded lipsticks, they are great for when my lips are not chapped and dry.
- This is my first time trying Estee Lauder's Lipsticks and I found the lipstick to be of high quality, the texture is creamy and the formula is hydrating. It doesn't dry up my lips after a couple of hours and doesn't leave my lips chapped.
- I am a lover of orange, but I found it difficult to wear this particular shade with my skin tone. So what I like to blot some of it off (you can see this in the video below) and the colour turns into the most gorgeous coral! I personally feel that this shade is best for those with very pale, sun kissed or darker skin tone.
- The formula is highly pigmented, with a single swatch (and due to the shine) it can appear slightly sheer, but colour is definitely there!
- Wear time is pretty standard, without eating it will last for most of the day.
VIDEO DEMO (Psst there's food at the end)
*All products featured in this post were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.