Sunday, February 12, 2012

Greenfield Station Bistro - Bankstown RSL

We've been coming here every year for the last three years. It's becoming a tradition.

Unfortunately, the food has been venturing on a down-ward spiral.

Surf and Turf Mix Grill $25

I always order Surf n Turf--- lamb cutlet, mini steak, chicken tenderloins, prawn skewer, salt and pepper squid with chips and Caesar salad--- (I think I'll need to step outside my square and order someone new... eventually). Two years ago, surf n turf was a must have item on their menu. Guess meat age as bistros age??? The lamb cutlet has lost it's flavour, it was tender, but lacked seasoning. Mini steak was basically bland and extremely difficult to cut through, cardboard equivalent. Chicken tenderloins were dry and stringy, flavour was ok. Prawn skewer was juicy and tender, flavour was true, enjoyable.  Salt & pepper squid was good, Chips were meh...borderline soggy, no crunch... and no chicken salt!?!??!!? Caesar salad tasted like a fridge.


Rump Steak 300 gram $22

Ordered medium rare, it was over cooked. Hard to cut into, rather difficult to chew, lacked flavour... probably an old cow.

Don't really have anything else to say about this place. It's a real shame because I enjoyed the laid back setting. I think next time I go, if I do... I'd order one of their infamous stone fired pizza.

Greenfield Station Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts