This review is long over due, I purchased this mascara during my trip to Japan, I was buzzing up and down the make up isle trying to figure out which mascara I should buy. I picked up this Dolly Wink mascara, purely because it's got the word "Volume" written on it, and it's the only word on the shelves of mascaras that I understood.
I can't remember how much I purchased this for, but it was around $21 AUD, and it was in a duo eyeliner pack. I believe it's retailing around random sydney stores for approximately $26.
Before and After
|Natural lashes - No mascara|
|Curled lashes - No mascara|
|With Dolly Wink Volume Mascara 1 coat to top and bottom lashes|
- My lashes are naturally straight and most mascaras make my lashes droop, even after curling. So far, I've found Shiseido's waterproof mascara to be effective in holding my curl, and Benefit They're Real mascara to do a relatively decent job. This mascara tops the lot with a cherry on top. It's ultra-light formula allows my lashes to remain curled and stay curled. It lengthens, creates volume and won't smudge.
- The brush has small bristles to coat all the difficult to reach lashes, I usually go over my lashes with one generous coat, otherwise you might see clumps.
- The formula is fast drying... and did I mention that it'll last all day? My eyeliner and eye shadow would've creased into a muddle, but my lashes would remain in pristine condition.
- This mascara is waterproof, but it's easily removable with make up remover - personally, I feel that it's much easier to remove than Benefit's They're Real mascara.
- Accessibility is an issue. Quite a few Japanese/Korean make up shops in Sydney stores this mascara, otherwise, I've seen Dolly Wink products on Ebay and Yesstyle.
- This is a mascara that every uncurlable-straight-lashed girl should have in their stash. Definitely my HG mascara.
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram