As much as I love the hot chocolate aspect of Winter, it's still quite gloomy. I like to play around with different lipsticks during winter to lift my mood. However, I don't always feel comfortable wearing really bold and colourful lips at work or around my clients. Rimmel brought out their Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine Lipstick not long ago and these babies got a lot of use from me!
ABOUT RIMMEL MOISTURE RENEW SHEER AND SHINE LIPSTICKS
- Available in 6 shades
- Enriched with Vitamin A C and E
- Provides a boost of moisture
- Fresh juicy colours with a radiant shine
- Ultra light-weight texture
- Non sticky and comfortable to wear
- 4g per lipstick
- SPF 20
Price: $13.95 ea. from Priceline
- This range quickly made it's way into my daily staples. I can pretty much grab any shade, slap it on and for it to be fairly appropriate for work. The lighter colours are very very sheer and the two bolder reds/oranges are quite pigmented.
- These lipsticks are highly moisturising, I love the fact that they are sheer and locks in moisture. I never experience chapped lips with these.
- Scent wise, these lipsticks smell like..... super sweet raspberry lollies...or minty coke bottles. This is consistent with a lot of Rimmel's lipsticks and I can't say I'm a big fan. Luckily, the scent of these lipsticks are relatively subtle and not overly pungent.
- The finish is glossy, texture is lightweight as claimed and non-sticky/comfortable to wear.
- Red-y. Set. Go and Pink Rules have a longer wear time (see video application below). Otherwise the colours would wear off in a an hour or two and requires re-application. However, since this is a sheer lipstick, it's not suppose to have a great colour pay off, so it's fine in my books.
- If you want colour and you want longevity, give this a miss. If you like lip tints or low-key everyday lip colours like me, these are perfect.
Please ignore everyone walking in the background, they wanted a piece of this blogging action!
Disclaimer: Products featured in this post were provided for editorial purpose, all opinions are my own.